Palm Crest Elementary Drop-off & Pick-up Procedure
This year Palm Crest will have two morning drop-off locations, Palm Drive and Jessen to help mitigate traffic and ensure a safe and efficient drop off and pick up experience for all. The school year will begin with Tulip Tree Lane closed. Please plan to use one of the other entrances on campus. Maps will be available during the first days of school to help orient families to campus.
To ensure the safety of all students and families, it is important that everyone understand and follow the car “Drop-off and Pick-up” procedures:
- There is NO PARKING on Palm Drive, directly across the street from the school.
- The Palm Drive Drop-off/Pick-up Zone may only be accessed from Palm Drive heading North.
- Drive North on Palm Drive and turn left into the PCR driveway using the left-hand turn lane.
- Once in the PCR parking lot, drive as far forward as possible.
- As soon as your vehicle has passed the “pick up sign” and you have come to a complete stop, your child may enter or exit from the passenger side of the vehicle. Please be sure backpacks stay with your child, rather than in the trunk of your vehicle.
- It is best to say “goodbyes” or make playdate arrangements ahead of drop off/pick up time not during carline.
- Please do not drop off or pick up students in the "Old District Office Lot" north of the school parking lot. This lot is designed as the Staff Only Parking Lot. Please plan on parking around the neighboring streets when visiting the school.
- All kindergarten families MUST follow the same procedures when dropping off and picking up students. If kindergarten parents wish to walk their student(s) to the classroom, please walk to school or park on an adjacent street.
- Students may NOT cut across the parking lot or on Palm Drive at any time to get to the city sidewalks or their family vehicle.
- Drivers are expected to remain in their vehicles.
Thank You for Your Cooperation!